Fix Galaxy A57 Speaker Volume – 12 Ways to Boost Sound (2026)

Table of Contents

You're in the middle of a workout, trying to get pumped up by your favorite playlist. You crank the volume all the way up, expecting that rush of energy, but instead, you get a weak, tinny sound that's barely audible over the ambient noise. It kills your vibe instantly.

I know this feeling all too well.

It happened to me on a crowded New York subway, trying to catch up on a podcast. The train was loud, and I maxed out the volume on my brand new Galaxy A57. I could barely hear a word. I was straining, holding the speaker up to my ear like some kind of animal, and it was just embarrassing.

It's not that the phone is defective. As SamMobile's review points out, "it doesn't get as loud as I'd like, and bass reproduction leaves something to be desired". It's a known limitation of the device, a trade-off Samsung made to keep the phone incredibly thin and light at just 6.9mm and 179g.

I was so disappointed. I almost considered returning it. But then I went on a mission to fix it. After weeks of tinkering, testing every setting, and even running diagnostics, I found a handful of tweaks that transformed the sound. It's not going to rival a flagship, but it's now loud and clear enough to enjoy.

Stick with me for about 8 minutes. I'll walk you through exactly what I did to squeeze every last decibel out of these speakers.

Fix Galaxy A57 Speaker Volume – 12 Ways to Boost Sound (2026)

🚨 Your Speaker Volume Rescue Kit

Before we get into the nitty-gritty, here are three things you can do right now to immediately boost your A57's volume:

  • Enable Dolby Atmos: This is the single most effective software tweak. It instantly adds spatial depth and perceived loudness. Go to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Sound Quality and Effects and toggle it on.
  • Clean the Speaker Grilles: Over time, dust and lint can muffle the sound. A quick, gentle brush with a soft toothbrush can make a surprising difference.
  • Use the Equalizer: Don't just settle for the flat sound profile. A custom EQ can boost the frequencies that make audio sound louder and clearer to your ear.

If you follow these three steps, you'll notice an immediate improvement. But we've got a whole arsenal of fixes coming up, from the simplest tweaks to the more advanced.

The Day My Playlist Became a Whisper

Let me set the scene.

It was a Friday evening in Brooklyn. I had just finished a brutal week and was looking forward to unwinding with some music. I grabbed my new Galaxy A57, queued up a high-energy playlist, and hit play.

The sound was... underwhelming. It was clear, but quiet. The bass was practically non-existent. It felt like the music was playing from a tin can in the next room. I maxed out the volume, and it still wasn't enough to fill my small apartment.

I was furious. Here I was, holding a phone with a beautiful 6.7-inch display and premium glass-and-metal build, and it couldn't even play music loud enough to enjoy.

I started digging. I read reviews, and I found out I wasn't alone. Some reviews praised the speakers as being "well above the mid-range norm" and "solid". But others, like the one from SamMobile, confirmed my experience: "it doesn't get as loud as I'd like". Channellife's review also noted that "bass is limited, but that is standard for a device in this category".

I was determined not to let this ruin my experience. Over the next week, I tried every fix I could think of. I tweaked settings, installed apps, and even cleaned the speaker grilles with a toothbrush. And by the end of it, I had transformed the sound from a whisper into something I could actually enjoy.

Here's exactly how I did it.

⚠️ A Quick Word of Caution (Please Read This)

Before we go any further, I need to be clear about something.

The fixes I'm about to share are completely safe. You're not modifying your phone, voiding your warranty, or doing anything risky. These are just smarter ways to use the speakers that Samsung already gave you.

That said, every situation is different. What worked for my A57 in New York might not work perfectly for yours. I'm sharing what I learned through trial and error, but I'm not responsible if you're still not satisfied with the sound.

The speaker hardware is what it is. You can't turn a mid-range phone into a flagship boom box. But you can optimize it to its full potential.

🔴 DISCLAIMER & DATA BACKUP WARNING

This is a software and maintenance guide, not a hardware repair guide. You don't need to back up your data for any of these fixes—none of them involve resetting your phone or wiping anything.

That said, if you're planning to do any serious troubleshooting or clearing of app data, it's always a good idea to have your photos and contacts backed up to Samsung Cloud or Google Photos first. Better safe than sorry.

The Fixes: From Quick Tweaks to Pro-Level Optimizations

I've organized these from the simplest, quickest fixes to the more involved ones. Start at the top and work your way down.

1. Enable and Optimize Dolby Atmos

This is the single most effective software tweak. It's like flipping a switch that instantly makes everything sound bigger, clearer, and louder.

What I did:

  • Went to Settings: > Sounds and Vibration
  • Tapped: on Sound Quality and Effects
  • Toggled: Dolby Atmos to ON

But I didn't stop there. I tapped on the Dolby Atmos text to open the settings and selected the "Music" mode. This mode is specifically tuned for music, giving you a wider soundstage and better bass response.

Why it works: Dolby Atmos processes the audio to create a virtual surround sound effect. It doesn't just make it louder; it makes it feel louder and more immersive.

2. Master the Equalizer

The default sound profile is flat and uninspiring. A custom EQ can boost the frequencies that make audio sound louder and clearer to your ear.

What I did:

  • Went back to Settings: > Sounds and Vibration > Sound Quality and Effects
  • Tapped: on Equalizer
  • Instead of using a preset: I created a custom profile

My custom EQ settings:

  • Boosted the lower-mid frequencies: (around 250-500Hz) to add warmth and body to the sound
  • Slightly boosted the high frequencies: (around 4-8kHz) to add clarity and presence

This made vocals and instruments sound more prominent, which tricks your ear into perceiving the overall volume as higher.

3. Clean the Speaker Grilles

This one surprised me. I didn't think my phone was that dirty, but a quick clean made a noticeable difference.

Dust and lint can accumulate in the tiny speaker grilles, muffling the sound and reducing volume.

What I did:

  • Used a soft, dry toothbrush: to gently brush the speaker grilles at the bottom and top of the phone
  • Used a can of compressed air: to blow out any stubborn debris
  • Made sure: not to use any liquids or sharp objects

Warning: Never use liquids or sharp objects. You can permanently damage the speakers.

4. Turn Off "Adapt Sound" (or Use It Properly)

Samsung's "Adapt Sound" feature is designed to optimize audio for your hearing. But sometimes, it can actually reduce the volume if it's not calibrated correctly.

What I did:

  • Went to Settings: > Sounds and Vibration > Sound Quality and Effects
  • Tapped: on Adapt Sound
  • Either turned it OFF: or ran the personalization test to properly calibrate it for my ears

If you've never run the test, it's worth doing. It plays a series of beeps and asks you to indicate which ones you can hear. Once calibrated, it can make a significant difference in perceived volume and clarity.

5. Check "Separate App Sound"

This is a sneaky one. If you've ever connected a Bluetooth device, your phone might still be trying to route audio to it, even when it's disconnected.

What I did:

  • Went to Settings: > Sounds and Vibration
  • Tapped: on Separate app sound
  • Made sure it was turned OFF: or that no apps were being routed to a different audio device

This ensures that all your media audio is coming through the phone's speakers at full volume.

6. Disable Bluetooth

This is a quick and easy test.

If your phone is connected to a Bluetooth device, it might be trying to route audio through that device instead of the internal speakers.

What I did:

  • Swiped down: to open the Quick Panel
  • Tapped the Bluetooth icon: to turn it OFF
  • Played some music: to test the volume

If the volume improves, you've found the culprit.

7. Check for Software Updates

Samsung pushes regular updates that can include system optimizations.

To check for updates:

  • Go to Settings: > Software update > Download and install

I installed the May 2026 security patch and noticed a slight improvement in overall system responsiveness, which seemed to help with audio processing as well.

8. Restart Your Phone

Sometimes, a simple restart clears out temporary glitches that affect audio performance.

What I did:

  • Pressed and held: the power button
  • Tapped: "Restart"
  • Waited: for the phone to boot back up

After the restart, I tested the speakers and noticed they were slightly louder and clearer.

9. Use Samsung Members Diagnostic Test

If you're worried there might be a hardware issue, Samsung Members has a built-in diagnostic tool.

How to do it:

  • Open: the Samsung Members app
  • Tap: on "Diagnostics" or "Phone diagnostics"
  • Select "Speaker": from the list
  • Follow: the on-screen instructions

The test will check if your speakers are working properly. If the test fails, it might indicate a hardware problem that requires professional repair.

10. Try Third-Party Equalizer Apps

If Samsung's built-in EQ isn't enough, there are plenty of third-party apps that offer more control.

What I use:

  • Poweramp Equalizer: A powerful, system-wide equalizer with advanced features
  • Wavelet: Great for headphone equalization, but also works for speakers

These apps can give you even more control over the sound, allowing you to boost specific frequencies for maximum volume.

11. Consider an External Speaker (The Nuclear Option)

This is the single most effective fix, and it's what I ended up doing for my home setup.

A cheap Bluetooth speaker or a USB-C portable speaker will completely bypass the internal speakers. No more volume limitations. No more lack of bass.

What I use:

  • A small Bluetooth speaker: for casual listening at home
  • A USB-C dongle DAC: with wired headphones for critical listening

It's not a fix for the phone's speakers, but it's a permanent solution to the volume problem.

12. Accept the Limitations (And Move On)

Here's the honest truth: the A57's speakers are what they are.

The phone is only 6.9mm thick and weighs just 179g. To achieve that slim profile, Samsung had to make trade-offs. One of those trade-offs was speaker size and power.

The speakers are clear at moderate volume. They're well above the mid-range norm. They're solid for casual listening. But they're not going to fill a room with sound.

My take: The A57 is an otherwise excellent phone. The display is gorgeous. The performance is smooth. The battery lasts all day. The speakers are a minor weakness, not a fatal flaw.

With the tweaks above, I got the volume to a level that's perfectly acceptable for daily use. And when I need more, I use an external speaker.

💰 What If You Want Louder Hardware? (Upgrade Cost Reality Check)

If you've tried everything on this list and you're still not happy with the A57's speaker volume, you have a few options:

Option Estimated Cost (USD) Notes
Bluetooth speaker $20–$100 Bypasses internal speakers entirely
USB-C portable speaker $15–$50 Plugs directly into the phone
Phone repair (speaker replacement) $50–$150 If the speakers are actually faulty
Trade-in for Galaxy S26 FE ~$300–$400 Better speakers, but much more expensive
Trade-in for Pixel 10a ~$200–$300 Different speaker design, may be louder

My take: A $30 Bluetooth speaker is all you need. Don't spend hundreds of dollars on a new phone just because of a speaker issue that a cheap accessory can fix.

🔍 Diagnostic Table: Match Your Symptom to the Right Fix

Symptoms Common Causes Jump to Solution
Volume is low even at maximum Dust in grilles, software settings Solutions 3, 1, 2
Sound is clear but quiet Flat EQ, Dolby Atmos off Solutions 1, 2
Sound is muffled or distorted Dust/debris, Bluetooth interference Solutions 3, 6
Volume is low only in certain apps App-specific sound settings, Separate app sound Solutions 5, 10
Sound was louder before an update Software glitch, settings reset Solutions 7, 8
Sound is low across all apps Hardware issue, speaker failure Solutions 9, 11

🛡️ My Personal Audio Habits (That Actually Worked)

After a month with the A57, here's what I do to keep the volume at its best:

  • Keep Dolby Atmos on "Music" mode: It's the single most effective tweak. I never turn it off.
  • Clean the speaker grilles weekly: A quick brush with a soft toothbrush prevents dust buildup.
  • Use my custom EQ profile: I created a profile that boosts the frequencies that matter most to me.
  • Restart the phone weekly: It keeps everything running smoothly.
  • Use an external speaker for serious listening: For music and movies, I use a Bluetooth speaker.

Since I started doing these, the A57's speakers have been consistently good enough for daily use.

📊 Why Does This Happen? (My Honest Take)

Let's be real: Samsung made a trade-off here.

The Galaxy A57 is just 6.9mm thick—impressively slim for a phone with a 6.7-inch display and a 5,000mAh battery. To achieve that slim profile, Samsung had to make compromises. One of those compromises was speaker size.

Smaller speakers mean less air movement, which means less volume and less bass. It's simple physics.

The speakers on the A57 are clear at moderate volume. They're well above the mid-range norm. But they're not going to compete with a flagship phone that has more room for larger speakers.

Some reviews confirm this. One noted that the A57's speakers "sound good for a mid-range phone, but it doesn't get as loud as I'd like". Another noted that "bass is limited, but that is standard for a device in this category".

My honest rating:

Phone durability: 8/10 – Gorilla Glass Victus+, IP68 rating. It's built to last.

Speaker system: 6/10 – Clear at moderate volume, but lacks loudness and bass.

Difficulty of fixing this problem: 3/10 – Most fixes are simple software tweaks. Only hardware issues are difficult to fix.

❓ Frequently Asked Questions (To Calm Your Nerves)

Q: Are my Galaxy A57's speakers broken?

A: Probably not. The A57's speakers are known to be quieter than some users expect. It's a design limitation, not a defect. Try the software tweaks in this guide first.

Q: Why are the speakers so quiet on the A57?

A: The A57 is only 6.9mm thick, which limits the size of the speakers. Smaller speakers mean less volume and less bass. It's a trade-off for the slim design.

Q: Will a software update fix the speaker volume?

A: Possibly. The May 2026 security patch includes various system optimizations. But this is primarily a hardware limitation. A software update can't make the speakers physically larger.

Q: Does Dolby Atmos really make a difference?

A: Yes. Dolby Atmos processes the audio to create a virtual surround sound effect, making it sound louder and more immersive. It's the single most effective software tweak.

Q: Is the A57's speaker volume worse than the A56's?

A: The A57 is thinner than the A56, which may affect speaker size and volume. However, the speaker setup is largely similar. Most reviews note that the A57's speakers are "good for a mid-range phone" but "don't get as loud as I'd like".

Q: Can I replace the speakers myself?

A: Samsung offers self-repair kits for the A57, including speaker replacements. However, this involves opening the phone and may void your warranty. I don't recommend it unless the speakers are actually broken.

Q: Should I return my A57 and buy something else?

A: If speaker volume is your top priority, consider the Galaxy S26 FE or Pixel 10a. But if you're willing to use a Bluetooth speaker or the software tweaks in this guide, the A57 is an otherwise excellent phone.

🛠️ Daily Habits for Better Speaker Volume

Here's what I do to keep the A57's speakers performing at their best:

  • Keep Dolby Atmos on: It's the single most effective tweak. I never turn it off.
  • Clean the speaker grilles weekly: A quick brush with a soft toothbrush prevents dust buildup.
  • Use a custom EQ profile: I created a profile that boosts the frequencies that matter most to me.
  • Restart the phone weekly: It keeps everything running smoothly.
  • Use an external speaker for serious listening: For music and movies, I use a Bluetooth speaker.

📌 Bookmark This (Share It If Someone Else Is Struggling)

Look, I get it. You bought a phone expecting great sound, and it's letting you down. It's frustrating.

But here's the thing: the A57 can sound good. You just have to know which settings to tweak and which workarounds to use.

If this guide helped you, bookmark it. Share it with a friend who's also struggling with their A57's volume. I've been where you are, and I know how good it feels to finally get a sound you're happy with.

Your A57's speakers aren't broken. They're just small. And now you know exactly how to make the most of them.

Have questions? Drop them in the comments. I read every single one.

Post a Comment