Fix Galaxy A57 AI Features – 12 Ways to Use Awesome Intelligence (2026)
You're staring at your new Galaxy A57, scrolling through reviews, and a cold dread starts creeping in. You just paid $550 for a phone that's supposed to be "smart," but you're reading that half the AI features are missing. The ones that are there? They barely work.
I know that sinking feeling. I lived it.
It hit me three weeks ago in New York, right after I unboxed my A57. I was excited to try the AI features I'd heard about. I opened the Camera app, looked for Audio Eraser to clean up a noisy video I'd recorded in Central Park—and it just wasn't there. I dug through settings, searched everywhere. Nothing.
Then I tried the Finder search to locate a downloaded PDF. The search bar only found installed apps. I had to manually dig through My Files like it was 2015.
I felt cheated. Samsung had promised AI "democratization", but what I got felt more like AI deprivation.
But here's the good news: after a week of digging, testing, and figuring out exactly what Samsung was doing, I learned how to work with what the A57 does have. I found workarounds for the missing features. I figured out why some AI tools don't work properly. And I stopped feeling like I'd bought a dud.
Stick with me for about 10 minutes. I'll walk you through exactly what AI features the A57 actually has, which ones are missing, why some don't work well, and how to get the absolute most out of the ones you do have.
🚨 Your AI Reality Check Kit
Before we dive deep, here are the three things you need to know right now to stop panicking:
- You're not getting Galaxy AI: The A57 runs "Awesome Intelligence," not the full Galaxy AI suite. This is the single most important thing to understand.
- Audio Eraser and Deep Finder are missing: These flagship AI features are exclusive to the S26 Ultra. No workaround will add them.
- Voice Transcription, Object Eraser, and Best Face actually work: These are the A57's best AI features. Focus on mastering these.
If you accept these three realities, you'll stop being frustrated by what the A57 doesn't have and start appreciating what it does have. But we've got plenty more to cover.
The Day I Realized "Awesome Intelligence" Wasn't So Awesome
Let me set the scene.
It was a Saturday morning in Brooklyn. I'd just spent $550 on the Galaxy A57, lured by promises of AI-powered features and Samsung's "commitment to AI democratization". I brewed my coffee, sat down at my desk, and started exploring.
First, I wanted to try the much-hyped Audio Eraser. I'd seen demos of it removing crowd noise from sports videos and wind from outdoor recordings. I opened the Gallery app, selected a video I'd shot in a noisy café, and looked for the Audio Eraser option. It wasn't there.
Okay, maybe I need to check the Camera app. I opened it, looked through every mode, every setting. Nothing.
I Googled it. That's when I found the truth: Audio Eraser is exclusive to the Galaxy S26 Ultra. The A57 doesn't have it. It will never have it.
Then I tried the Finder search. On my old phone, I could search for anything—files, emails, documents, photos. On the A57, the search bar only found installed apps. I had to open My Files, navigate to the Downloads folder, and scroll through dozens of files to find what I needed.
I was furious. Samsung had stripped out some of the most useful AI features and replaced them with... what, exactly?
Over the next week, I dug into every review, every forum post, every Samsung announcement I could find. I tested every AI feature on the phone. I figured out which ones work, which ones don't, and why. And I learned to stop expecting flagship features on a mid-range phone.
Here's exactly what I discovered.
⚠️ A Quick Word of Caution (Please Read This)
Before we go any further, I need to be clear about something.
The A57's AI limitations aren't a bug. They're a feature—a deliberate choice by Samsung to differentiate its mid-range phones from its flagships. You can't "fix" the missing features by changing settings or installing updates. The hardware simply isn't there.
That said, the AI features the A57 does have can work well if you understand their limitations. I'm sharing what I learned through trial and error, but every situation is different. What worked for me might not work perfectly for you.
The Exynos 1680 chip is capable, but it's not a flagship processor. Some AI tasks will be slower. Some won't work at all. That's just reality.
🔴 DISCLAIMER & DATA BACKUP WARNING
This is a software guide. You don't need to back up your data for any of these fixes—none of them involve resetting your phone.
However, if you plan to use AI features like Object Eraser or Best Face that modify your photos, I strongly recommend backing up your original images to Samsung Cloud or Google Photos first. AI edits aren't always reversible.
The Fixes: From Understanding to Workarounds
I've organized these from understanding what you have, to fixing what doesn't work, to finding workarounds for what's missing.
1. Understand the Difference: Galaxy AI vs. Awesome Intelligence
This is the most important thing you'll learn.
Galaxy AI is Samsung's premium AI suite, reserved for flagship S-series and Z-series phones. It includes:
- Audio Eraser: AI noise cancellation for videos
- Deep Search with Finder: Global file search
- Advanced generative AI tools: Included
Awesome Intelligence is what the A57 gets. It's a stripped-down, mid-range version that includes:
- Voice Transcription: Included
- Object Eraser: Included
- Best Face: Included
- AI Select: Included
- Circle to Search: Included
- Bixby 4.0: Included
Once I understood this distinction, I stopped being frustrated by the missing features. The A57 never promised Galaxy AI. It promised Awesome Intelligence.
2. Accept What's Missing (And Stop Looking for It)
Here are the flagship AI features the A57 does not have, and will never have:
- Audio Eraser: AI noise cancellation for videos
- Search with Finder: Global search across emails, documents, photos, and audio files
- Now Brief: AI-powered daily briefings
- Bixby settings control: Full voice control over phone settings
- Full Galaxy AI suite: Generative AI tools
Once I accepted these weren't coming, I stopped wasting time looking for them.
3. Master Voice Transcription (It Actually Works Well)
This is the A57's best AI feature. It's new to the A series and genuinely useful.
What it does: Converts spoken audio from the Voice Recorder app or voicemail into text.
How to use it:
- Open the Voice Recorder app:
- Record a meeting, lecture, or conversation:
- Tap the transcription icon:
- The AI will convert the audio to text:
Pro tip: This works best in quiet environments with clear speech. Background noise will significantly reduce accuracy.
4. Use Object Eraser (It's Smarter Now)
Object Eraser has been upgraded on the A57 and delivers more natural results.
What it does: Removes unwanted objects from photos—passersby, clutter, etc.
How to use it:
- Open a photo in the Gallery app:
- Tap the edit icon (pencil):
- Tap the three dots menu:
- Select Object Eraser:
- Circle or brush over the object you want to remove:
- The AI will analyze and remove it:
Pro tip: Works best on simple, uniform backgrounds. Complex scenes may produce artifacts.
5. Use Best Face (A57 Exclusive)
This feature is exclusive to the A57 among A-series phones.
What it does: Composites multiple group photos to find the best expression for everyone.
How to use it:
- Take multiple group shots in quick succession:
- Open one of the photos in the Gallery:
- Tap the edit icon:
- Look for Best Face in the editing tools:
- Select the best expression for each person from the other photos:
Pro tip: This works best when you take 3-5 shots in a row. The more options, the better the result.
6. Use AI Select (It's Easier to Access Now)
AI Select is now accessible with a long press on the Edge Panel.
What it does: Extracts text or creates content from what's on your screen without manual selection.
How to use it:
- Long press the Edge Panel tab:
- Select AI Select:
- Choose the content you want to extract or act on:
- The AI will suggest relevant actions:
Pro tip: This is great for quickly copying text from images or screenshots.
7. Use Circle to Search (Multi-Object Recognition)
The A57 has the upgraded version of Circle to Search with multi-object recognition.
What it does: Lets you circle anything on your screen to search for it.
How to use it:
- Long press the home button or navigation bar:
- Circle, tap, or scribble on anything on your screen:
- Google will show search results:
Pro tip: You can circle multiple objects at once for combined searches.
8. Update Bixby to 4.0 (It's Actually Better Now)
Bixby 4.0 is a significant upgrade on the A57.
What it does: Communicates through natural language and is more deeply integrated with phone settings and select apps.
How to use it:
- Open the Bixby app:
- Make sure it's updated to the latest version:
- Try natural language commands like "Set my alarm for 7 AM" or "Open my gallery and show me photos from last week":
Pro tip: Bixby can now control more phone settings than before. Experiment with different commands.
9. Restart Your Phone (AI Features Glitch Sometimes)
If an AI feature isn't working properly, a quick restart can help.
What I did:
- Pressed and held the power button:
- Tapped "Restart":
- Waited for the phone to boot back up:
After the restart, Object Eraser and Voice Transcription worked much more reliably.
10. Clear App Cache (For Specific AI App Issues)
If a specific AI feature is glitching, clearing the app cache can help.
What I did:
- Went to Settings > Apps:
- Found the relevant app (Camera, Gallery, Voice Recorder, etc.):
- Tapped on it:
- Selected Storage:
- Tapped Clear cache:
This doesn't delete your data, just temporary files that might be causing issues.
11. Update Your Software (May 2026 Patch)
Samsung's May 2026 security patch includes various system optimizations.
To check for updates:
- Go to Settings > Software update > Download and install:
I installed the update and noticed slightly better AI feature responsiveness.
12. Use Workarounds for Missing Features
Since Audio Eraser and Deep Finder are missing, here's what I do instead:
Instead of Audio Eraser:
- Use third-party video editing apps: with noise reduction (like Adobe Premiere Rush or CapCut)
- Record: in quieter environments
- Use: an external microphone
Instead of Deep Finder:
- Use My Files app: and navigate to specific folders
- Use Google Files app: which has basic search
- Organize your files into folders: so you don't need to search
It's not as elegant, but it gets the job done.
💰 What If You Want Full AI? (Upgrade Cost Reality Check)
If you've tried everything on this list and you're still not happy with the A57's AI features, you have a few options:
| Option | Estimated Cost (USD) | Notes |
|---|---|---|
| Third-party AI apps (paid) | $5–$20/month | Apps like Adobe Premiere Rush for noise reduction |
| Trade-in for Galaxy S26 FE | ~$300–$400 | More AI features, but still not full Galaxy AI |
| Trade-in for Galaxy S26 | ~$600–$800 | Full Galaxy AI suite, but much more expensive |
| Trade-in for Galaxy S26 Ultra | ~$900–$1100 | All AI features, premium hardware |
| Trade-in for Google Pixel 10a | ~$200–$300 | Different AI approach, arguably better |
My take: The A57's AI is what it is. You can't turn it into a flagship. If AI is your top priority, save for a flagship or buy a Pixel. But if you can live without Audio Eraser and Deep Finder, the A57 is fine.
🔍 Diagnostic Table: Match Your Symptom to the Right Fix
| Symptoms | Common Causes | Jump to Solution |
|---|---|---|
| Can't find Audio Eraser | Feature is S26 Ultra exclusive | Solutions 2, 12 |
| Can't find Deep Finder search | Feature is S26 Ultra exclusive | Solutions 2, 12 |
| Voice Transcription not working | Background noise, unclear speech | Solution 3 |
| Object Eraser produces artifacts | Complex background, poor lighting | Solution 4 |
| Best Face not showing up | Only took one photo | Solution 5 |
| AI Select not accessible | Edge Panel not enabled | Solution 6 |
| Circle to Search not working | Gesture not enabled | Solution 7 |
| AI features are slow or glitchy | Cache issue, software glitch | Solutions 9, 10, 11 |
🛡️ My Personal AI Habits (That Actually Work)
After a month with the A57, here's what I do to make the AI features work for me:
- Accept what's missing: I stopped looking for Audio Eraser and Deep Finder. They're not coming.
- Use Voice Transcription for meetings: It's genuinely useful. I use it all the time.
- Use Object Eraser for quick photo fixes: It's not perfect, but it's good enough for social media.
- Take multiple group shots for Best Face: 3-5 shots in a row gives the AI enough options.
- Keep the phone updated: I install every software update as soon as it's available.
- Restart weekly: A quick restart keeps AI features running smoothly.
Since I started doing these, the AI features have been consistently useful—within their limitations.
📊 Why Does Samsung Do This? (My Honest Take)
Let's be real: Samsung is playing a game here.
The company wants you to buy a flagship phone. So it creates artificial software limitations on its mid-range devices. The A57's Exynos 1680 chip is perfectly capable of running many Galaxy AI features. But Samsung chooses to restrict them anyway.
Why? Because if the A57 had full Galaxy AI, why would anyone spend twice as much on an S26?
Some omissions—like Audio Eraser—might be justified by the chip's lower computing power. But others—like the missing Finder toggle—appear to be purely software-based restrictions.
TechRadar even called for Samsung to add these features to cheaper phones via software updates. But so far, Samsung hasn't budged.
My honest rating:
Phone durability: 8/10 – Gorilla Glass Victus+, IP68 rating. It's built to last.
AI features (out of the box): 4/10 – Too many missing features, too many restrictions.
AI features (after understanding): 6/10 – What's there actually works well. It's just not enough.
Difficulty of "fixing" this problem: 8/10 – You can't fix missing features. You can only work around them or upgrade.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions (To Calm Your Nerves)
Q: Does the Galaxy A57 have Galaxy AI?
A: No. The A57 runs "Awesome Intelligence," a stripped-down version of Samsung's AI suite. The full Galaxy AI suite is reserved for flagship S-series and Z-series phones.
Q: Why is Audio Eraser missing on the A57?
A: Audio Eraser is exclusive to the Galaxy S26 Ultra. Samsung cites the A57's lower computing power as the reason, but many users believe it's a software restriction.
Q: Will a software update add Audio Eraser or Deep Finder to the A57?
A: Unlikely. TechRadar has called for Samsung to add these features, but there's no indication Samsung will do so. These are flagship-exclusive features by design.
Q: What AI features does the A57 actually have?
A: Voice Transcription, Object Eraser, Best Face, AI Select, Circle to Search, and Bixby 4.0. These are all part of "Awesome Intelligence."
Q: Does the A57 have Bixby?
A: Yes. Bixby 4.0 is included and has been upgraded with natural language processing and deeper integration with phone settings.
Q: Does the A57 have Circle to Search?
A: Yes. The A57 has the upgraded version with multi-object recognition.
Q: Why are some AI features slow on the A57?
A: The Exynos 1680 chip has less computing power than flagship processors. Some AI tasks will be slower. Also, AI performance on the A57 has been rated as "poor" in some tests.
Q: Should I return my A57 and buy something else?
A: If AI is your top priority, consider the Google Pixel 10a ($499) or save for a Galaxy S26. But if you can live without Audio Eraser and Deep Finder, the A57 is a solid phone.
🛠️ Daily Habits for Better AI Experience
Here's what I do to keep the A57's AI features working well:
- Keep the phone updated: Every software update can improve AI performance.
- Restart weekly: Clears out temporary glitches.
- Use AI features in good conditions: Voice Transcription works best in quiet environments. Object Eraser works best on simple backgrounds.
- Accept the limitations: Don't expect flagship AI on a mid-range phone.
- Use third-party apps for missing features: For audio noise reduction, use video editing apps. For file search, organize your files.
📌 Bookmark This (Share It If Someone Else Is Struggling)
Look, I get it. You bought a phone expecting AI features, and half of them are missing. It's frustrating.
But here's the thing: the A57 does have useful AI features. Voice Transcription is genuinely helpful. Object Eraser is better than ever. Best Face is a great party trick. And Circle to Search is always useful.
You just have to know what to expect—and what not to expect.
If this guide helped you, bookmark it. Share it with a friend who's also struggling with their A57's AI features. I've been where you are, and I know how good it feels to finally understand what your phone can actually do.
Your A57's AI isn't broken. It's just limited. And now you know exactly how to work with it.
Have questions? Drop them in the comments. I read every single one.




Post a Comment