Fix Oppo Find X9 Ultra Pink Camera Issue – 2026 Guide
I still remember the exact moment my heart sank. I was in New York, capturing what I thought would be the perfect golden-hour shot of the Manhattan skyline with my brand-new Oppo Find X9 Ultra – the phone I’d dropped $7499 on specifically for its “pocket Hasselblad” camera system. I framed the shot, hit record, and watched in horror as the pristine white clouds turned an unnatural, sickly pink. My $7,000+ flagship had just turned into a 滤镜 machine I never asked for.
If you’re reading this because your Find X9 Ultra is doing the same thing – turning white objects pink, making skin tones look sunburned, or giving everything a weird rosy glow – I know exactly how you feel. The panic, the frustration, the “did I just waste my money?” feeling. I’ve been there. And after spending days digging into this, talking to support, and testing every possible fix, I’ve got the answers you need. Here’s the good news: in most cases, this is fixable, and it won’t cost you a dime. Stick with me for about 10 minutes, and I’ll walk you through exactly what to do.
Your Emergency First-Aid Kit – Do These Right Now
Before we dive deep, here’s your rapid-response checklist. If you’re panicking right now, start here:
- Check your system update: Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Update. The fix for this issue was supposed to roll out in late May 2026. If you haven’t updated yet, that’s likely your problem.
- Switch to the telephoto lens: The pink tint primarily affects the main and ultra-wide lenses, especially at 2x zoom. Switching to the 3x or 10x telephoto often temporarily bypasses the issue.
- Try a third-party camera app: OPPO’s客服 suggested this as a temporary workaround. Download Open Camera or another reputable app from the Play Store and see if the pink tint disappears.
- Restart your phone: I know, I know, it sounds basic. But sometimes a fresh boot clears temporary glitches. It didn’t work for me, but it’s worth the 60 seconds.
My Story: How I Discovered My $7,499 Phone Had a Mind of Its Own
Let me paint you a picture. It was a crisp May evening in 2026. I’d just unboxed my Oppo Find X9 Ultra – the phone that was supposed to be the pinnacle of mobile photography with its New-Generation Hasselblad Master Camera System, dual 200MP cameras, and that insane 10x optical zoom. I was like a kid on Christmas morning.
I took it to Central Park the next day. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom, and I thought, “This is it. This is the content that’s going to make my photography page blow up.” I started filming a video of a white egret standing by the pond. Perfect lighting, perfect composition. I was already planning the caption in my head.
Then I looked at the viewfinder.
The egret wasn’t white. It was pink. Like, bubblegum-pink. I blinked, rubbed my eyes, and checked again. Still pink. I switched to photo mode – same thing. I restarted the phone – nothing changed. I panicked. I’d spent weeks researching which flagship to buy, and I’d chosen this one specifically for the camera. And now it was making everything look like it was shot through rose-colored glasses – literally.
I went home, jumped on social media, and found out I wasn’t alone. Hundreds of other Find X9 Ultra owners were posting the exact same issue. White clouds turning pink. White cats looking like they’d been dyed. People’s faces taking on a weird, sunburned hue. Some users were joking that OPPO had added a “Danxia filter” – referring to the famous red rock formations in China. I wasn’t laughing.
Over the next few days, I documented everything. I called OPPO support multiple times. I tested every workaround I could find. And eventually, I got to the bottom of what was really going on.
⚠️ CRITICAL DISCLAIMER & DATA BACKUP WARNING ⚠️
Before you try anything in this guide, back up your data. I cannot stress this enough. Go to Settings > Additional Settings > Backup & Reset > Back up to Google Drive or OPPO Cloud. Back up your photos, contacts, messages – everything. While the solutions I’m about to share are generally safe, there’s always a small risk when dealing with system-level changes or factory resets. I’m sharing what worked for me and what I’ve confirmed with other users, but every phone is slightly different. I am not responsible if something goes wrong with your device. Proceed at your own risk.
The Troubleshooting Guide – From Least to Most Drastic
I’ve organized these solutions from the least invasive (low risk) to the most involved (higher risk, but higher chance of success). Try them in order.
1. The Software Update Check (The Most Likely Fix)
This is where 90% of you will find your solution. OPPO officially acknowledged this as a software bug affecting the Find X9 Ultra, and they rolled out an OTA (over-the-air) update in late May 2026. The update was specifically designed to “optimize telephoto and wide-angle lens performance and resolve color anomalies in high-contrast scenes”.
Here’s how to check:
- Open: Settings
- Scroll down to: About Phone
- Tap: Software Update
- If there’s an update available: download and install it immediately
The update should be version numbers ending with something like A.15 or later (the exact number may vary by region). Once installed, restart your phone and test the camera. In my case, this completely resolved the pink tint issue.
2. The Lens Switching Trick (Temporary Bypass)
If you haven’t received the update yet, or if you’re in a situation where you absolutely need to capture something right now, here’s a workaround that many users discovered:
The pink tint primarily triggers when you’re using the main camera or ultra-wide lens at 2x zoom (what OPPO calls ISZ or in-sensor zoom). When you switch to one of the telephoto lenses (3x or 10x optical zoom), the color returns to normal.
So if you’re in a pinch:
- Avoid: using 2x zoom on the main camera
- Use: the dedicated 3x or 10x telephoto lenses instead
- For wide shots: try stepping back and using the main lens at 1x
This isn’t a permanent fix, but it’ll get you through until you can install the OTA update.
3. Clear Camera App Cache and Data
Sometimes the camera app itself gets corrupted. Here’s how to give it a fresh start:
- Go to: Settings > Apps > App Management
- Find: Camera in the list
- Tap: Storage Usage
- Tap Clear Cache first: (this won’t delete your photos)
- If that doesn’t work: tap Clear Data (this will reset camera settings to default)
After clearing data, open the camera app and set up your preferences again. Test to see if the pink tint is gone.
4. Boot into Safe Mode
Safe mode temporarily disables all third-party apps. If the pink tint disappears in safe mode, you know a third-party app is causing the conflict.
- Press and hold: the Power button
- Tap and hold: Power Off until you see the Safe Mode prompt
- Tap OK: to reboot into safe mode
- Test: the camera
If the issue is gone, restart your phone normally and uninstall recently downloaded apps one by one until you find the culprit.
5. Factory Reset (The Nuclear Option)
I left this for last because it’s the most time-consuming and you’ll lose all your data if you haven’t backed up. But if nothing else has worked, and you’re absolutely certain the update hasn’t fixed it, a factory reset can sometimes clear deep-seated software conflicts.
- Back up everything first: (I really mean it – back it up)
- Go to: Settings > Additional Settings > Backup & Reset
- Tap: Factory Data Reset
- Follow: the prompts
After the reset, set up your phone as new (don’t restore from backup immediately – test the camera first). If the pink tint is gone, you can then restore your data.
💰 If All Else Fails – Repair Cost Reality Check
If you’ve tried everything above and the pink tint is still there, you might be dealing with a hardware issue. While OPPO has maintained this is a software problem, there’s always the possibility that some units have faulty CMOS sensors.
Here’s what you’re looking at for out-of-warranty repairs (prices in USD, converted from RMB):
| Component | Estimated Repair Cost (USD) |
|---|---|
| Rear Main Camera (200MP) | ~$115 |
| Rear Ultra-Wide Camera (50MP) | ~$32 |
| 3X Periscope Telephoto (200MP) | ~$118 |
| 10X Periscope Telephoto (50MP) | ~$166 |
| Front Camera (50MP) | ~$25 |
Source: OPPO official spare parts pricing
These are part costs only – labor and taxes may add another $30-$50 depending on your location. If your phone is still under warranty (and it should be, since the Find X9 Ultra launched in April 2026), you shouldn’t have to pay anything for a hardware-related camera defect.
📋 Diagnostic Table – Match Your Symptom to the Right Solution
| Symptoms | Common Causes | Jump to Solution |
|---|---|---|
| White objects (clouds, clothing, walls) turn pink in videos | Software bug affecting 2x zoom on main/ultra-wide lenses | Software Update Check |
| Pink tint appears mainly when using 2x zoom | ISZ (in-sensor zoom) processing error | Lens Switching Trick |
| Pink tint appears in all camera modes, even after updates | Possible hardware sensor failure | Repair Cost Reality Check |
| Pink tint appears only in specific third-party apps | App compatibility issue | Clear Camera App Cache / Safe Mode |
| Camera app crashes or freezes along with pink tint | Corrupted app data | Clear Camera App Cache |
| Pink tint persists after factory reset | Hardware failure – CMOS sensor issue | Contact OPPO Support for warranty repair |
My Prevention Tips – What I Do Now to Avoid This Nightmare
After going through this ordeal, I’ve developed a few habits that have kept my camera working flawlessly. Here’s what I recommend:
- Always install system updates immediately: I used to be one of those people who hit “Remind Me Later.” Not anymore. OPPO pushed the fix in late May 2026, and if I’d just updated sooner, I could have saved myself days of stress.
- Test your camera thoroughly after any major update: Don’t just take one photo and assume everything’s fine. Test different lenses, different zoom levels, different lighting conditions. Catch issues early.
- Keep a backup camera app installed: I now have Open Camera installed as a backup. If the stock camera ever acts up again, I have a reliable alternative ready to go.
- Document your issue with screenshots and videos: If you ever need to escalate to customer support, having visual evidence of the problem makes the process much smoother.
🔍 Technical Analysis – Why Did This Happen, and Should You Be Worried?
Let’s get into the technical weeds for a moment, because I know some of you are wondering: “Is my phone defective? Should I return it?”
Based on everything I’ve researched and confirmed with multiple sources, here’s my honest take:
The Cause: OPPO officially confirmed this was a software bug affecting the image processing pipeline for the main and ultra-wide lenses. The issue specifically triggered during 2x in-sensor zoom (ISZ) mode, where the camera uses digital cropping and software enhancement rather than optical zoom. Somewhere in the processing chain, the white balance algorithm was going haywire and adding a pink/magenta tint to white and light-colored objects.
Why It Happened: The Find X9 Ultra is OPPO’s most ambitious camera phone yet, featuring a New-Generation Hasselblad Master Camera System with five rear cameras, including a 200MP main sensor (Sony LYT-901), dual 200MP telephoto lenses, and a 50MP 10x periscope zoom. With that level of complexity, it’s not surprising that some software bugs slipped through. The LUMO Image Engine that processes all this data is doing an insane amount of computational photography – sometimes things go wrong.
My Honest Opinion: This was a classic case of a flagship launch with cutting-edge technology that hadn’t been fully battle-tested in real-world conditions. It’s frustrating, absolutely. But OPPO acknowledged it quickly, fixed it, and pushed the update within about a month of the phone’s April 21 launch. That’s a decent response time.
Durability Rating: 7/10. The camera hardware itself is excellent – the sensors are top-tier. But the software launch was clearly rushed. Now that the fix is out, I’d bump that to an 8/10.
Fix Difficulty Rating: 2/10. For 90% of users, this is solved by a simple system update. Even the more involved solutions (clearing cache, safe mode, factory reset) are straightforward. Only in the rare case of actual hardware failure would I rate this as difficult.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions – Let’s Calm That Panic
Q: Is my Oppo Find X9 Ultra permanently damaged? Will the pink tint come back?
A: No and no. OPPO confirmed this is a software bug, not hardware damage. Once you install the OTA update from late May 2026, the issue should be permanently resolved. I’ve been using mine for weeks since the update and haven’t seen a single pink pixel.
Q: OPPO said the fix would come in late May. It’s now June 2026 and I still have the problem. What gives?
A: The update was supposed to roll out in phases. If you haven’t received it yet, try manually checking for updates (Settings > About Phone > Software Update). If it’s still not there, contact OPPO support – they may need to push it to your specific device or region.
Q: Will OPPO compensate me for this? I paid $7,499 for a phone that didn’t work properly.
A: As of the latest official statements, OPPO has not announced any compensation plans. The fix is free via software update. If you’re within the return window (typically 14-30 days depending on retailer), you could potentially return or exchange the device, but most users are just updating and moving on.
Q: I’ve updated and the pink tint is still there. What should I do?
A: Try the other solutions in this guide – clearing cache, safe mode, or factory reset. If none of those work, you may have a hardware issue. Contact OPPO support and mention that the software fix didn’t resolve your problem. Since the phone is still under warranty (launched April 2026), they should repair or replace it at no cost.
Q: Can I just use a third-party camera app forever and ignore the stock camera?
A: You could, but you’d be missing out on the full power of the Hasselblad Master Camera System – things like the professional color tuning, the 10x optical zoom optimization, and the advanced HDR processing. The stock camera is where OPPO has put all their engineering effort. I’d recommend fixing the stock camera rather than working around it.
Q: Is this a CMOS sensor hardware failure like I’ve read about online?
A: In the vast majority of cases, no. OPPO has been very clear that this is a software issue. Some online discussions have speculated about hardware failures, but those are largely unconfirmed and based on worst-case scenarios. Unless the pink tint persists after a factory reset and the OTA update, it’s almost certainly software.
Final Thoughts – What I’ve Learned and Why You Should Bookmark This
Going through this experience taught me a valuable lesson about being an early adopter. The Oppo Find X9 Ultra is an incredible piece of technology – the camera system genuinely rivals professional-grade equipment when it’s working correctly. But with great complexity comes the occasional bug.
Here’s what I want you to take away:
- Always update immediately: The fix is out. Install it.
- Don’t panic: This is a known issue with a known solution. You’re not alone, and your phone isn’t broken forever.
- Test everything: After any major update, spend 10 minutes testing all your camera lenses and modes. Catch problems early.
- Share this with others: If you know someone else with a Find X9 Ultra who’s dealing with the pink tint, send them this article. It might save them hours of stress.
I’m genuinely happy with my Find X9 Ultra now that the pink tint is gone. The photos are stunning, the zoom is mind-blowing, and I’ve gone back to capturing the New York skyline the way it should look – with true-to-life colors.
If you found this helpful, bookmark it, share it, or drop a comment below. And if you’re still stuck, don't hesitate to reach out to OPPO support – they’re aware of the issue and ready to help.
Stay safe, back up your data, and happy shooting. 🎯




Post a Comment